Hello, If you are interested in any of our British Shorthairs on our website and live too far to drive down and pick up the kitten in person, then we can make the arrangements for you to have your kitten on a next or same day delivery. The kitten will be shipped to the closest airport near you or hand delivered to your home. Delivery prices are per county, region or country. In most cases the kittens will arrive within 4-8 hours within the UK and 72 hours max international delivery from the departure time. However, sometimes delays do occur due to weather or kitten checking, so check the flight with the airline before you leave your home to go to the airport.
General airline Requirements
1. The kitten must be at least 7 weeks 4 days old.
2. Must be accompanied with a veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate
3. Some airlines have restrictions for temperature and will check destination and arrival flight temperature forecasts.
Cost of Shipping via airline
1. veterinarian Health/Acclimation Certificate Approx
2. Cost of Travel (depends on size of crate)
3. Airfreight is determined by the weight of the kitten and the weight/size of the Crate (Larger/heavier and older cats can cost more)
SAME DAY DELIVERY IN UK.
International Customers contact us for a quote
If you decide to have a kitten shipped to you, we will need the following information:
1. Your full name, that you have I.D. for, you will need to show this at the airport cargo desk when you pick up your kitten.
2. The full name of someone else who also has I.D., as a “back up’ person for pickup so they can pick up your British Shorthairs, if, in case of an emergency you are unable.
3. Your physical address, it cannot be a post office box
4. Phone numbers that you can easily be reached at, preferably at least two numbers.
5. The name of the COUNTY that you live in
6. The name of the airport that you prefer your Shorthair to arrive at, and the name of an optional airport
7. What British Shorthairs you are interested in.
Safe and Comfortable Shipping process
British Shorthairs aren’t vases or art supplies, so when you hear that he or she can be shipped to you, your first reaction is probably shock. Before you panic, get that picture of cardboard boxes and foam peanuts out of your mind! Shipping British Shorthairs is usually quite safe and any airlines or trucking companies that take live animals have procedures in place to be sure they arrive in good health.
Airlines will either ship Shorthair in the cargo compartment which sounds a bit callous and scary, but is actually fairly safe and comfortable for the British Shorthairs, especially if there is no need for a layover or cargo transfer or the British Shorthairs to be stowed under the passenger’s seat in lieu of carry on luggage. This is probably the safest mode of air travel.
We always give all our British Shorthairs a Bordetella vaccine prior to shipping to avoid the chances of other pets infecting them.